Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay my bills what will happen?

Sarahc123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi iv a few contacts with o2 for myself and my son's. Basically iv found that my financial situation has changed greatful and I'm struggling to pay my bills including these o2 contracts.
All 3 bills are paid on 1 bill together so I can't even pay 1 or 2 rather than all 3.
What happens now? I know the SIM will be restricted but will the handsets?
I'm in no position to keep up with these contacts.
Is it worth selling the handsets to help towards the debt or will they no longer work?
Tia
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarahc123 The sims will be restricted but not the actual devices so you will not be able to call & text using O2 network. You could call O2 & ask to be put through to the payment team who may put you on a payment plan or as you say sell the phones to pay off the contracts but I’d get in touch with O2 ASAP to avoid any defaults on your credit score. Best time to call is 8-8.30am

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Sarahc123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
C
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Sarahc123

You must contact customer services immediately. They may be able to arrange a payment plan of sorts

Please don't use live chat. Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarahc123 The sims will be restricted but not the actual devices so you will not be able to call & text using O2 network. You could call O2 & ask to be put through to the payment team who may put you on a payment plan or as you say sell the phones to pay off the contracts but I’d get in touch with O2 ASAP to avoid any defaults on your credit score. Best time to call is 8-8.30am

Message 4 of 15

Sarahc123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thanks for your replies.
Iv contacted them but because it's 3 large accounts the money money they want me to pay is still unaffordable for me at the mo.
So we didn't come to a definent arrangement.
I just don't know what to do but thanks for the advice x
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try selling off your phones either privately or see if you can get a good deal at CEX then pay off the contracts is the only thing I can think of at this point 

Message 6 of 15

Sarahc123
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks so much.
That's what I thinking now too.
A family member wanted to buy 1 phone but iv read that the handset will be blocked/blacklisted then I'll end up in more debt to repay my family member.(would be just my luck at the mo)
If I sell all 3 I can nearly clean 1 whole contract.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well good luck with whatever you decide & hope it works out for you 

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sarahc123

I suggest you call CS as I advised above and ask to be put through to the payment management team

You can talk to them and see what advice they have to offer. They will be more sympathetic than CS advisors.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sarahc123 I agree with @Cleoriff. You must speak to the payment management team as soon as you can. O2 are ruthless about non-payers, and this will affect your credit rating, which can have a detrimental effect on many parts of your life if you don't get this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15