cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay bill online or automated service payment

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband is trying to pay his airtime bill but won't accept payment, he never had problems before and we have made numerous attempts. Just keeps saying payment failed please contact our bank. But his card is working fine elsewhere. I even tried using my card and said the same thing, tried paying with the automated payment line and got refused. So after about 15 attempts he did phone his bank and they said its nothing at the banks end and they even said there has been nothing gone through from o2 to his bank to get rejected, we did manage to pay the device plan after 5 attempts at trying. Is there something wrong with the site. As I even tried making payment around someone else house and was refused. 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@mmcguffie wrote:

i have had a similar problem with debit cards on the website, However I have found a solution !!

Install BLUESTACKS on your pc, its an android emulator, you can use this to install the android app for O2 and it will accept debit card payments, also if you have an android phone, update to the latest version of the o2 app and you can pay via your phone

Hope this will be of help to some people at least 

No..It doesn't work....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone found a solution to this. I've tried everyday this week to pay through the app with no joy. Today i was at the end of my tether so rang customer services only to be told they've taken other payments today so must be my card. NO IT'S NOT!!!! AARRGGHHH

To the person who said pay by DD my advice is to not be so judgemental on other peoples circumstances. If i choose to pay by debit card and its allowed and my payments are always on time then what's the issue

Message 22 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Still an issue despite reports to the contrary. Point taken about direct debits and circumstances do vary for different people. The whole point of Direct debits is so that you don't have to worry about due dates and defaults when a payment system is put in place that isn't fit for purpose. For me it is so easy. I have no problem about salary dates matching payment due dates and it's obviously not suitable for you. 

Message 23 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No-one intends being judgemental @Anonymous. Each to their own. (though DD is a part of your contract t's and c's) O2 provide  many different ways to pay however . I am annoyed on your behalf that this is still happening. Our community manager @Toby has fed all the info back to the payment team....This problem should be corrected as a matter of urgency...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 38

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's not judgemental - it's an agreement you accept when you take a contract as per the T&C's.
I accept it won't suit everyone but at least there are no problems with the payments being made by DD so why put yourself through the stress?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The solution is to call in the first instance for that day.
If you try to pay via an online method the card will be screwed for that day on o2 systems.
And yes, the staff are completely, 100%, not interested in entertaining the idea that it's not out cards.
Message 26 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

14/01/16 

still cannot pay online or by app ..what a joke if one more agent tells me its my card il scream !!!! no its not my card or my husbands either ( different banks ) phoned bank the rang o2 again and it declined , O2 YOU NEED TO SORT THIS OUT AND YOUR AGENTS WHO FOB YOU OFF AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE WE DONT WANT TO PAY A MEASLEY BILL OF £69 , OH AND THEN THEY DENYTHAT NO ONE ELSE HAS HAD PROBLEMS AGET A GRIP , YOU NEED NEW STAFF AND NEED TO TRAIN THEM IN CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO 

Message 27 of 38

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Another one for you @Toby
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am sure we are going to see more and more posts like this.... terrible really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 38

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 30 of 38