20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@PetrusRobu 

Try online https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/
If using the app, try deleting, rebooting phone and then reinstall the app.
This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)
Unlikely that you'd get help in store, but may be worth a last resort try.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 21

Toni7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue and O2 are not helpful at all, they gave me an O2 email to log in and still cannot access my details on MyO2 or web. 

I made a complaint, not sure how I can solve this. I deleted and reinstalled MyO2 multiple times but I am not willing to reboot my phone for an app. Any suggestions? 

Message 3 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36533 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

None other than to persist with O2 if neither app nor web MyO2 work. Oh, and "If using the app, try deleting, rebooting phone and then reinstall the app." @Toni7. As with many things O2, much of it does not abide by the rules...

Message 4 of 21

Toni7
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am going to persist even if I have to go to their main office, they don’t want me to reach that stage 😡

Message 5 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Toni7 

Just out of interest, I'm not sure why you are so against 'rebooting' your phone? It's simply turning it off and back on again. Personally, if I have ANY issue with my phone, I reboot it and generally find all issues are resolved?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 21

Toni77
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was under the impression that "rebooting" means something more complex than switching off and on again. In my case, I tried this multiple times and still did not work.

Message 7 of 21

Toni77
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the solution for everyone who has O2 and Virgin Media accounts and not being able to access My O2. Basically, you cannot use the same email for both O2 and Virgin Media. No matter how many times I called them, this was the only way. You will have to provide a different email address which will be your username, create a new password, create a new memorable word and only then you will be able to access MyO2. 

Message 8 of 21

Toni77
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please read my reply down the page, if you have O2 and Virgin Media, this is what you need to do.

Message 9 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36533 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

Clearly this does not affect everyone - but it may be possible in your case that you already have an account, perhaps tied to a different number, that is preventing you from using your VM address as your O2 address - it should be possible for O2 to help identify this type of issue - have you tried asking the Social Media Team via Twitter/X, or Facebook or Instagram, @Toni77? Note you may have to nudge O2 a few times over 2 or 3 days via your chosen Social Media channel until they actually engage with and respond to you, but it does work. Meantime, the "new e-mail address" think is just a kluge:

pgn_0-1710067500316.png

Social Media links for O2 (and VM) just below. Handy tip, but not permanent.

Message 10 of 21