cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Auto-top up

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying for several days now to add a regular monthly top-up on my pay as you go monthly. Each and every time the transaction is declined or has some fault.

I am using an overseas credit card which for some reason the website can't cater for. The web form also asked what country you are from and insists on having a London post code!

I have tried three credit cards from three different banks and all O2 customer service people blame my bank! It can't be my bank.. Three different cards from three different banks.. I don't think so!! My banks tell me my cards are in 100% order with no restrictions.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can only use UK bank cards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

When I was on PAYG I never completed a form to use for top ups. I used 3 different cards and added each one via phone auto input (Obviously they were all UK bank cards)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can't use any UK debit or credit cards to top up my Orange Spain PAYG online so it must be some security thing that all networks use.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 5