Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Can i make my contract cheaper?

I've recently lost my job and am finding it hard to pay my bill. I never use my texts or calls and hardly use the internet on my phone now. I was wondering if i could reduce my texts, minutes and internet to make my bill cheaper? Or because i signed up to a two year contract does that mean i can't alter my contract at all?
I can't go into my local o2 shop to ask as it's quite far away and it's really hard for me to get there.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Can i make my contract cheaper?

The rule is that you can reduce your tariff level by one step once you have reached the halfway point, so it may not save you very much. How long have you had it?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've had the contract since July last year, so not even a year yet. But i lost my job in October last year so i've really been struggling since then to pay the £25 a month. I can't cancel the contract either as they said i'll have to pay off the rest of the contract first and it's a two year contract. It's really getting me down and i feel stuck.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As you had it since last July the halfway rule does not apply to you. It was 9 months when you took yours and you're already there..
How many minutes do you have for £25?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have 500 minutes and unlimited texts, i also have 500mb of internet.
I use about 100minutes a month max and send around 100-200 texts a month max. And at the end of the month out of the 500mb internet i have, i still have 471.88 odd left.
It's just such a waste me paying for this when i don't use it.
Is there really no way i can change how much i pay a month? :robotsad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes you can, that's what I was saying in my last post. The tariff you are on is blackberry bonus, this no longer exists but if you follow this link you will see the next tariff down, on the current options, is 100 mins, 500 SMS and no data for £15.50. Call and ask for that.
You can add data in future if you want for £3 for 100mb to keep the cost down, the data options are illustrated below the tariffs. Hope this helps
http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/paymonthly
If you do add data, be sure to tell them it's for a blackberry so they add the right one.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes thats perfect! Thank you so much! So who do i need to call to do this? Also, i've only just paid my bill, will the changes be made straight away or will they wait until next month to change the contract?
Thanks again!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Call 202 from your mobile, and be sure to tell them you aren't working, if the agent is hesitant ask to speak to "debt assistance" and they should do it.
Normally it will change on your next bill date, but if you ask for an immediate change you will have a small credit on your next bill to reduce it a bit more, due to you being on a lower tariff than the one you've paid for, you will still have next months charge of course.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok i just spoke to them, and as of 24th this month i can downgrade.
That is a huge relief for me. Woo!
Thanks so much for all your help, can't wait till the 24th now.
Thanks!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Excellent, glad to be able to help.