Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i keep my number if i transfer from o2 sim only to a new pay monthly

SallyDee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i'm currently on a sim only contract with o2.  To upgrade is going to cost me significantly more than if i just take out a new o2 contract.  However, i want to keep my number

So, if i take out a new contract with o2 will they let me keep my number?   Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@SallyDee 

Yes, you just need to call to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@SallyDee 

Yes, you just need to call to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

SallyDee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5, will they charge me for the remainder of my sim only contract, as its not due to end until 2023

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@SallyDee 

Unfortunately yes they will.

The only way around that is to upgrade directly with O2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

SallyDee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 if i do it as an upgrade with o2 but do it through mobilephonesdirect as they're still cheaper, will o2 charge me to get out of my contract then?

it sucks that i've been with o2 for 25years as they're the best signal in my area.....yet as an existing customer it costs me more to upgrade than if i'm a new customer!  

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@SallyDee 

The only way you won't be charged is to upgrade to a refresh contract directly with O2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6