cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use SIM from Nokia in Sony Ericsson?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have kept an old contract phone with inactive SIM purely as an alarm clock (sony ericsson). Needed to replace a broken phone (nokia) that is on a simplicity tariff topping up once a month with £15. Both phones O2. Put the SIM from the Nokia into the Sony Ericsson and it came up as a totally different phone number to when it's in the Nokia and wouldn't work. Is there any way I can use the SIM in the different phone?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
How old is the SE and the model might help? It may be the case that the SIM is the newer type and the SE can't recognise it. You should be able to use the active sim in most unlocked phones. I should ask the question, how old is the active SIM?

The SE is a K600i so quite old and the active SIM is less than a year old.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as the phone you want to use is not locked to another provider than the sim should be no problem at all.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I'm certainly baffled!! When we put the active SIM into the SE from the Nokia, it came up with a different phone number. The only thing we noticed is that the chip of the active SIM is a different shape & size to the inactive SIM and the original SIM for the K600i (that one is now in another, more up to date SE.)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you said the K600 was old, should have asked how old as to be honest haven't heard of it. :robotsurprised:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's probably about 5 or 6 years old, not real old but, old in technology terms I would imagine.
Message 6 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It should work, can you get to a local phone shop, they should be able to check it for you?

Could the number displayed be an old number the the phone had before, as I am fairly sure you have to enter the number manually for it to show in the phone.

That model works almost the same as my K800 which has an O2 3G sim in it.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that. I will get to a phone shop when I can & give you an update then.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should work, can you get to a local phone shop, they should be able to check it for you?
Could the number displayed be an old number the the phone had before, as I am fairly sure you have to enter the number manually for it to show in the phone.
That model works almost the same as my K800 which has an O2 3G sim in it.

Thank you for the info. All sorted thanks to you!! grin
Message 9 of 9