cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I share data between and iPhone and a iPad using the sharer plans?

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/

Would I be able to get one of the above tariffs (eg £20 3gb/month) and then get a PAYG/free SIM for my iPad and share the data with that using the sharer plans?

If I need to get a separate contract tariff for my iPad then that's of no use to me as I am a light iPad user but want the option there of using my iPhone's data when needed.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just had a look at that.

Not sure any of o2's options are going to be right for me as a light iPad user as they all expire (usually in a month or so) which essentially means I'd be paying a monthly fee on the off chance of needing it.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you could get your ipad unlocked, Three's standard PAYG 321 tariff could work out well for you - it's what I use in my tablet.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did a bit of digging around and it seems to expire after 6 months, better than the usual 1 months most providers offer.

http://blog.three.co.uk/2013/07/01/get-ready-for-mind-blowing-value-with-pay-as-you-go-on-three/

I purchased my iPad from the Apple Store, so it is unlocked.

This might be the best solution so far.

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Credit never expires as long as you are using it every now and again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 16

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well, in that case it looks like this is what I'll be going for, shame Ovivo went out of business, it was perfect for what I needed!
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's the best choice for me for my needs so should be OK as yours sounds similar to mine.......

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16