cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send all incoming calls to voicemail when overseas?

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on a simplicity 30 day rolling contract and not wanting to incur any extra roaming costs where possible (as I get lots of call centers cold calling, grr!) whilst away on work next week, is it possible to divert all incoming calls to straight to voicemail but leaving data and text messaging alone?

I don't want to turn voice off entirely as I'd still like the option of calling out if needed..

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You could turn off voicemail to prevent any charges.

If you don't want to pick up don't then you shouldn't be charged.

Phoning 1750 to turn off and 1760 to turn on. (Only possible when still in uk!!)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You could turn off voicemail to prevent any charges.

If you don't want to pick up don't then you shouldn't be charged.

Phoning 1750 to turn off and 1760 to turn on. (Only possible when still in uk!!)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 6

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So if I turn off VM and just ignore the call when it comes in, there'll be no charge, roaming or otherwise? Not sure where I thought that the point where the call is connected is when I'd get charged!
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144172 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You start to get charged when the call is answered, either by yourself or by the VM service, so if it's off, no charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The call only gets connected if you answer it or it goes to voicemail:smileywink:

Message 5 of 6

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the clarification!

Edit: Just dialled 1750 and tried calling myself, seems to goes straight to VM?? What should it do if the VM is off and the call is left to ring or declined from the iPhone?
Message 6 of 6