cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reduce my tariff?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

I currently get 600 miunutes per month on a £12 a month tariff, can I possibly reduce this as out of 600 minutes I only ever use about 2 hours worth of calls in a montbh (120 minutes).

If I want to change my tariff, do I ask in an O2 shop or ring 202?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you took your contract out after March 2012 you cannot reduce your tariff.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you took your contract out after March 2012 you cannot reduce your tariff.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn, I took out a new contract in May this year 😞

Message 3 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Didn't you come here for advice before you took it out?

You're stuck with it now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately lots of people in the market for a Pay Monthly Contract are blinded by the nice new shiny mobile phone choices ,and free gifts that's thrust into their faces.

Its an all too common occurrence for the contract itself becoming a second thought after knowing how much its going to cost per month.

Their really should be some leeway for the customer to slightly adjust their tariff needs at least once a year as we all change our usage habits !

This is one of the reasons why I prefer to stay on PAYG as I can change my tariff once a month and I'm not committed into a long contract term. Ok I pay upfront for my iPhones.

Message 5 of 14

MargaretH
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Some tariffs do allow them to be reduced after a certain time period, but does depend on the type and length. This isn't a set thing and can change during the contract as to which tariff you can reduce it down to and when. Best way to check if possible is to go onto your my O2 page and see if you're able to change your tariff. Appreciate being on PAYG allows more control over things.
Message 6 of 14

MargaretH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Best way to see if you can reduce is is to either call or log into your account and see if you can change you tariff. Generally you can always go up, but reducing it may mean being a certain way through your tariff. Plus, if I'm honest is does depend on who you speak to as know this has been done this year.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MargaretH wrote:
Appreciate being on PAYG allows more control over things.

Sure does.

Im on Pay as you Go Go Go £20.

1GB data.

500 Minutes.

5000 texts.

On a par with most Pay Monthly Contracts and no worries of not being able to afford the monthly fee each month, and I can change it once a month if another 'better' deal crops up.

Win win !

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It used to be that you could reduce your tariff by one tier midway through your contract.

O2 in their infinite wisdom decreed that anyone taking out a contract after March 2012 would no longer have that option which in my opinion was a huge retrograde step. People's needs and circumstances change and being stuck on a 2 year contract could lead to hardship and defaults for some people.

O2 will alienate their customers with this inflexible approachbut it is always worth calling 202 and speaking to someone. If you get no joy, call back and speak to someone else. Ultimately, if you get no joy, nothing lost except your time but you may get someone sympathetic and willing to bend the T&Cs. You don't ask, you don't get.

Message 9 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MargaretH wrote:
Some tariffs do allow them to be reduced after a certain time period, but does depend on the type and length. This isn't a set thing and can change during the contract as to which tariff you can reduce it down to and when. Best way to check if possible is to go onto your my O2 page and see if you're able to change your tariff. Appreciate being on PAYG allows more control over things.

read the reply from Bambino o2 removed the option to reduce tariffs on that date

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 14