Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Can I put a Block on my daughters phone?

I changed my daughter to pay monthly on which she gets 600 txts per month.. During the school holidays she has gone over and hence I have had a very high bill. Is there any ay to put a block on her number so once she reaches her limit she has to wait till her allowance restarts the following month.
Anonymous

There isn't no.

She can sent a text to 21202 and within a couple of minutes she'll get a text back with the number of messages she has left.

Alternatively you can call customer services on 202 and have her moved to one of the newer tariffs that include unlimited texts so that you don't need to worry about her going over.
Anonymous

And as the contracts in your name set up the online account so that you can periodically keep a check on what's going on, just in case your daughter tires of texting 21202
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

If she is only going over her text limit why not put her on P&G and get get the Simplicity unlimited text tariff for £5 a month or text and web for £10 a month?
Depends on the pay monthly contract she is on but if that is Simplicity also, you can give 30 days notice.
Anonymous

Or you could call o2 and switch to an unlimited text tariff to stop any future high charges...
Anonymous

Yeah, just move to one of the new tariffs, they all include unlimited texts now. Usually you will also get the same amount of minutes for the price too.
Anonymous

Re: Can I put a Block on my daughters phone?

Although unlimited doesn't mean unlimited of course.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Although unlimited doesn't mean unlimited of course.

More texts than you could send in a month though surely?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

12,000 a month is the fair use policy
Anonymous

Which works out at 400 a day so thats enough per day for me anyway.