Did you mean: 

Can I keep my number.

robindog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am moving abroad and want to keep an o2
pay as you go sim card for the occasions I return to the UK.
my question is, can I keep my number if i move from sim only to pay as you go, and how long will my credit be available on a pay as you go sim.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

Yes you can call customer service on 202 and they will switch you to payg. I suggest you get a classic payg sim so your credit doesn't expire but you will need to send a text or make a call at least once every 6 months to keep the sim active.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

Yes you can call customer service on 202 and they will switch you to payg. I suggest you get a classic payg sim so your credit doesn't expire but you will need to send a text or make a call at least once every 6 months to keep the sim active.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 123109 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @robindog How to keep your number here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3