Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I increase the payments device monthly

Manuliver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to pay more for my device, so if I increase the monthly payment I could finish early my contract, if that possible ? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Manuliver 

You can pay extra to reduce your monthly device payments but the duration will remain the same unless you pay it off completely.

You'll need to call customer services to make additional  payments.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Manuliver 

You can pay extra to reduce your monthly device payments but the duration will remain the same unless you pay it off completely.

You'll need to call customer services to make additional  payments.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

What @MI5 says is the only option open to you @Manuliver.

However, with the online payment system in MyO2, it *should* be possible to overpay now and then, reducing the cost of future payments during the term of the Device Plan, without having recourse to calling O2 via Chat or phone.@Marjo and @EmilieT

Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Cheers @MI5 and @pgn for helping out! I'm double checking on our end if we can find more info on this and will post an update here are soon as possible slight_smile

Hope you'll have a nice afternoon in the meantime, @Manuliver!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

What @MI5 says is the only option open to you @Manuliver.

However, with the online payment system in MyO2, it *should* be possible to overpay now and then, reducing the cost of future payments during the term of the Device Plan, without having recourse to calling O2 via Chat or phone.@Marjo and @EmilieT

Actually @pgn  I thought you could do that and posted the same, until @MI5 told me via PM it couldn't be done (which was why I deleted my post lol)

So I agree the option to pay additional amounts to reduce the device plan should be available. After all, there is a section in My O2 to 'Make a Payment', so I can't see why it can't be incorporated into that section?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions
Yes, @Cleoriff, I explored the options when I last had an O2 Refresh contract, to no avail.
Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@pgn @Cleoriff I've heard back on my end and can confirm that at the moment, it's only possible to make additional payments over the phone, for added security. I've taken note of your feedback though and passed it on!

@Manuliver If you need any more help, please give us a shout slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@EmilieT 

Please you have passed it on.

As I said before, MyO2 currently gives you an option to 'Make a Payment', so surely there is no real argument for 'added security' as you mention above? Whatever you are making a payment for, you are still using your card and security details?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8