Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Can I get a Windows Phone for free on upgrade?

Topic.
My upgrade's due on O2 contract on the 28th of August, I'm after either a Samsung Galaxy S2 or a Windows Phone 7, I read on a thread on here that the S2 is £150 for the phone, which I can't really afford, so how much is the WP7 on contract? Or could I get it free?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Can I get a Windows Phone for free on upgrade?

It would depend on which tariff you were choosing. Have a look on the website and see the different tariffs and handset costs.
Highlighted
Topics: 24
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

I haven't had a Topic for ages. Hmm suddenly have the urge to have a hazelnut in every bite Smiley Very Happy
The price you read about does fluctuate though bear in mind the demand for it means they will try their luck as some will bite. Or wait for a while and suddenly it becomes free. Remember you don't have to upgrade straight away as things will continue till you do something.
Also, if I recall a deal over on hotdealsuk had a WP7 sim free for quite a reasonable 229 this weekend. If you go simplicity then that could be better value long term than the free phone on a contract. Tempted myself but until my phones break I can't justify it. However, the initial outlay is still required.
Finally, there are new models going to be launched in the autumn for WP7 in line with the Mango update so realistically, WP7 will become good value on the run-out models.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I went in the O2 shop in Meadowhall on Sunday with Dad, they want £480 for the S2! ****?! The only way to get it free is to go on a £47 a month contract.
Might have to bite the bullet and spend the extra £12 a month, but I'd rather not if I can help it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm in the same position as you but there are many references now to the Galaxy S2 coming with WP7 (or 7.5 to be exact) very soon. MS announced yesterday that they have officially released Windows Phone 7.5 to manufacturers in its complete form (Beta testing has already taken place).
Think this is the phone for me, looks better than andriod and i want a break from iPhone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

carphone warehouse are doing galaxy free on o2
Highlighted
Anonymous

carphone warehouse are doing galaxy free on o2

£42 a month, 1200 minutes and 500 Mb of data is current deal, not too bad, I'll see what they're offering on the 30th.