cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my current sim only package onto a new number but keep the old one?

hkah2810
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does any one know if it is possible to move my current sim-only package to a new number/sim but still have access to the old number/sim?

The scenario is such:
My personal mobile number which has a really good data package on it for a price I am happy with has been passed around the community I work within and it is quickly becoming a 'work' number, where I receive calls and messages at all times of the day and weekends. 

I want to keep this current number (since clients/community members have it and use it) and use if for work only in work hours but have a cheaper/basic package attached to it (unlimted calls/texts and only a couple GB of data).
I would like to get a new number which will be private, and move the data package of the current number onto the new number instead. Does that makes sense? Is it possible? Really hoping I can get some peace outside work hours 🙃

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@hkah2810 I'm not certain you can do that. You'd need to speak to customer service. Can't hurt to ask.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am. The 0800 number isn't available until 9 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@hkah2810 

What are the details of your current package?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

hkah2810
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unlimited Texts/Calls and 100GB for £20 a month

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@hkah2810 

Get a new sim only, 120gb for £20 with a new number for personal use https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=Featured 

Then downgrade your current tariff to one with less data, such as the 5gb for £10.00

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5