cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I backdate a Bolt On to the start of the month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever had any success getting O2 to backdate a Bolt On to the start of the current billing period?

I'd like to add a data Bolt On for an upcoming trip but when I look in my account settings it says it will become active on the 22nd April, but my trip is the 13th-27th.

I assumed it would get added immediately and pro-rated for the remainder of my billing period.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes if you call them to add it they can start it from midnight on the day you call and pro rata it

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes if you call them to add it they can start it from midnight on the day you call and pro rata it
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Call CS and they can activate it from Midnight tonight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, funny that I came across this topic. I did something similar not a few hours ago.

I topped up my phone, and, after using up my worksweb 1gb data bolt on, called 4445 and asked if they would reset my bolton and take the £10, thereby replacing my anniversary to the 2nd of each month.

I imagine that if you wait until the specific date you wish the anniversary or billing date to be on, then request that it be reset to that date (at the expense of paying for it) I would imagine there would be no issue.

o2 won't really complain, you are spending money with them, after all.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, very good responses slight_smile

Message 5 of 5