Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ask a stupid question?

Mitzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I move from a contract to a sim only deal can I keep my existing mobile number? also if I move to a sim only is it easy to store all my data on the phone rather than the sim so I don't lose all the stuff on my phone when I change the sim over.

Thanks  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Mitzy It's easy to keep your number when changing from contract to sim only . If the sim fits the phone you are using then leave it in. You wont lose anything on your phone

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Has your current contract ended? If so you can just change to simo by calling CS on 202.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There shouldn’t be anything saved on your sim these days.
Your data should be stored on the phone and backed up to your appropriate cloud server.
What phone are you using now?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Mitzy
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, Iphone 6.

Message 4 of 6

Mitzy
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, I feel I'm almost there....... 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Everything will be saved to your iCloud https://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/
When you login with your Apple ID on a new device, you need to choose the option to restore from backup and all your data will transfer to new device.
If just changing your sim though, it's not necessary as everything will be on the phone already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6