cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Collect In-store Earlier?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am wondering if you can help me. I just purchased an upgrade today and chose the collect in store method thinking i might be able to go and collect now. The problem is, Asper the email i recieved, I can’t collect until Thursday it seems.

Do you know if I can collect this sooner? My phone is broken, I use it for work purposes and I can’t afford not to have a phone until Thursday.

If I can’t, collect soonerdoes anyone know how easy it would be to cancel my order and just go to the shop now?

It’s an emergency. I can’t not be in communication from work.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Carphone warehouse don't do refresh, just a fyi
Message 21 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis 

yeah they do they did o2 refresh for me from my sim only contract ( which i got with them on o2) to a new phone slight_smile

Message 22 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
That's an upgrade, not refresh.
Message 23 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

no it was using o2 refresh because i used the my o2 app .. i had my sim only contract for 3 month and when my o2 app said i could use refresh i went instore ( carphone warehouse) and got a phone using o2 refresh.

My account even says im using o2 refresh because im paying for the phone and contract.

Message 24 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Take a look at @CPWTweets's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CPWTweets/status/510403074087985152?s=09

@Toby @Anonymous
Is O2 refresh still exclusive to O2
Message 25 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I can answer what we were all told when the iphone 6 was released...Yes it is exclusive to O2....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so strange because i even went into o2 the other day to find out howmuch it would cost to pay off my conract in full because i wanted to leave o2

they told me, because i got o2 refresh via carphone warehouse i would have to pay off the phone and whole contract in full ( over £1000)  but if i had goten it in the o2 shop all i would of had to pay was the rest of the contract ...

oh well never mind i guess i have a nul and void contract because i shodnt of been able to get it via carphone warehouse tongue

Message 27 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

they told me, because i got o2 refresh via carphone warehouse i would have to pay off the phone and whole contract in full ( over £1000)  but if i had goten it in the o2 shop all i would of had to pay was the rest of the contract ... 

Some confusion here.

If purchased through CPW you have to pay the entire cost which is the monthly amount x by the number of months remaining, so for example on a £48 a month tariff with 20 months remaining = £960

If purchased from O2 directly on the same example you would only pay the handset part off (which is £20/month) so it would only cost you £400.

Hope that explains it accurately ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
O2 refresh would mean you only had to pay off the phone To upgrade or terminate.
You don't have refresh if you have to pay both phone and line rental to "refresh "to a new tariff.

Message 29 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"Only from O2

You can only get O2 Refresh directly from O2. Online or in our shops."

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh
Message 30 of 42