cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Collect In-store Earlier?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am wondering if you can help me. I just purchased an upgrade today and chose the collect in store method thinking i might be able to go and collect now. The problem is, Asper the email i recieved, I can’t collect until Thursday it seems.

Do you know if I can collect this sooner? My phone is broken, I use it for work purposes and I can’t afford not to have a phone until Thursday.

If I can’t, collect soonerdoes anyone know how easy it would be to cancel my order and just go to the shop now?

It’s an emergency. I can’t not be in communication from work.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken to two advisors today, one on the web chat and another on the phone. I had to borrow a neighbours phone to make this call as i obviously dont have one (or a landline, never needed it until now i guess haha) 

So i'd rather not go to the neighbour again and ask to use thier phone lol. And i am home based work wise so dont have access to a work phone (as this was my personal, but also work phone) 

Unless, all this can be done in store?? - But you see what i am saying...effort! lol 

They dont make it easy do they! 

Message 11 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If the store has one in stock I can't see the problem in collecting one now and the store replace the stock with the one ordered. Or is that just too simple and giving too good customer service.

Like you say, they don't make it easy and seem inflexible as far as processes and procedures are concerned.

Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is hardly "terrible customer service" @Anonymous

You placed an order online for collection instore.
You have received notification that your order has been accepted.
You have been given a date just two days away for collection.

That sounds like pretty good customer service.

If you wanted to collect immediately then you should have upgraded instore.
Message 13 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

...And you're clearly not getting the point. This isn't even about the order. Its about the inability for O2 to cancel it when they should be able to and the inability for O2 to tell me why. 

Anyway, good news, after speaking to a 6th person, they accepted the fact that this was a system issue restricting them and crdited me £10 as a gesture of good will. Still no phone but at least theres some acceptance on their part. 

Message 14 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

...And you're clearly not getting the point. This isn't even about the order. Its about the inability for O2 to cancel it when they should be able to and the inability for O2 to tell me why. 

And I totally support that comment about cancellation @Anonymous it's a real piece of stupidity that you can't cancel before you receive the phone.

Even more silly when you know that the minute you get that phone in your hand, you can THEN cancel the contract within 14 days. We saw all this in September when the new iphone was released. People found out once they ordered they could get this phone more quickly by either going instore or directly to Apple. Advice was always given to these people to cancel the contract and get the phone elsewhere. Never created a problem and no-one was ever advised that they couldn't cancel

So now you have to hope that this phone is actually instore tomorrow. If it isn't, then O2 will have broken their contractual obligation to you.....and you will be well within your rights to cancel this order. Best of luck with it all wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Just wait, op gotta be sent bill for full phone value then refunded yet, right headache that one.
Message 16 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately, i have been informed my phone is now at the store for pickup! 

Unfortunately, this news comes to me the rare occasion i am in London for work 

haha. 

Oh well.

Message 17 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Fortunately, i have been informed my phone is now at the store for pickup! 

Unfortunately, this news comes to me the rare occasion i am in London for work 

haha. 

Oh well.

Damn and blast (to keep it clean)....LOL

Enjoy it ....as from tomorrow then....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow ik right .... im sorry to hear you are having soomany problems .

hopefully u can have your nice new phone in ur hand soon slight_smile

I think if you take o2 refresh u may be better going instore to do it or carphone warehouse slight_smile

Message 20 of 42