cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Collect In-store Earlier?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am wondering if you can help me. I just purchased an upgrade today and chose the collect in store method thinking i might be able to go and collect now. The problem is, Asper the email i recieved, I can’t collect until Thursday it seems.

Do you know if I can collect this sooner? My phone is broken, I use it for work purposes and I can’t afford not to have a phone until Thursday.

If I can’t, collect soonerdoes anyone know how easy it would be to cancel my order and just go to the shop now?

It’s an emergency. I can’t not be in communication from work.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you have used the click and collect service  the phone definitely wont be instore till the date given...and maybe not even then.

You probably would be well advised to cancel this order (check first by ringing the store to see if the phone you want is in stock) then go and collect the one you want...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Remember also that you could go to Carphone Warehouse and take out an O2 contract with them. (If the model you want is not instore at your local O2 shop)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, i was just told by customer service i cant even cancel the order now...

Message 4 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Really? Which part of your legal rights did they lie about when you were told that?
Message 5 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You were wrongly advised. You certainly can cancel

You haven't even received the phone yet and when you do you have a 14 day cooling off period in which to cancel...more info here...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used Click and Collect. Arrived a day earlier than was estimated in the email.

With reference to cancelling, if you don't want it, just don't collect it. After 7 days, it's sent back to the warehouse and considered cancelled.
Message 7 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
In theory....
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, gave me some story about how the order is now "ready for dispatch" so they cant cancel it. Amazing isn't it?

Part of me is just bored of this whole terrible customer service experience. I might as well just wait. Its going to be more hassle to try and do something about it. Guess i am without a phone for a few days more. *sigh*

Message 9 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, gave me some story about how the order is now "ready for dispatch" so they cant cancel it. Amazing isn't it?

Part of me is just bored of this whole terrible customer service experience. I might as well just wait. Its going to be more hassle to try and do something about it. Guess i am without a phone for a few days more. *sigh*

It's a real pity that you just don't go ahead and cancel. Another advisor would more than likely confirm what I have said. you are under no contractual obligation until you receive the phone and are out of the cooling off period.

Did you read the link I provided?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 42