Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Calls to/from Spanish mobile

Can anyone help. I have a monthly contract with o2. My Mum has moved to Spain and is getting a Spanish mobile. Will I be charged for making and recieving calls to her new number?
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

Re: Calls to/from Spanish mobile

[ Edited ]

@Lissy 

Yes you will be charged.

An international bolt on will reduce your costs https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/uk-and-international-bundle or use skype, whatsapp etc over wifi.

Costs without a bolt on:

EU destinations,including outermost regions* Pay Monthly 

Calls (per minute)£0.195 
SMS£0.06 
MMS£0.55 
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

@M15 will that include text messages too? My Mum said the sim she's got is a lobster card? I don't know if this makes a difference.
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

@Lissy 

Yes

I've just added the charges to post above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 64: Magistrate

@Lissy If you want to avoid call and text charges between numbers completely, just download the WhatsApp app on both phones. Calls, texts, and even video calls are free using the app.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2