Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to and from ireland

Viv
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am travelling to Ireland next week. My partner and I are both on O2 monthly and we get free texts and calls between us. Will we still get free texts and calls between us whilst I am in Ireland? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Viv It depends what part of Ireland you are travelling to. Northern Ireland is classed as part of the UK so you can use your allowances as if you were at home. The Republic of Ireland is classed as Roaming so you would not be charged for calls and texts made there

See here for further info

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/EU-Roaming-Changes-from-15th-June-2017-CONTRACT-ONLY-quo...

The EU only brought the law in if you were roaming in another EU country then to call another EU country.  Ie Roaming in Southern Ireland back to Northern Ireland. This will come out of your allowance if you have one or any left.

Ringing any foreign number like Southern Ireland from Northern Ireland ie +353 and then the number is classed as a international number.  If your in Southern Ireland and calling a Southern Ireland number, then it is covered as long as you have mins etc.

NB edited for typo!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Hi @Viv yes you can use your allowances anywhere in Ireland. 

NI is UK and Southern Ireland you would be covered by the included EU roaming laws so no extra costs in either country. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3