cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man, from 4th December

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received a message saying that, from 4th December, calls to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man will be removed from my inclusive minutes. It doesn't mention whether texts will be affected. Does anyone know whether or not texts will still be part of the inclusive text allowance?

Many thanks,

David Parkin

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I used to have to make regular calls to IOM, as I had business links there, but thankfully that has ended. I think that the only way O2 will get the message that they have made a mistake is for the people who do call to those destinations a great deal to switch providers when their contracts are up, and to let O2 know that that is the reason for the switch.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to advisor and manager, and they both says it isn't a change of T&Cs. I too have been a customer for close to 10 years, and my family are also all in Guernsey.

As a temporary resolution, I asked them to give me a PAYG sim with activiation credit, so my mum can use this at home to receive texts from my inclusive allowance, but if I call her on this, it'll cost 7p per minute. Cheaper this way, but still not perfect.

Unfortunatly, I'm locked in my contract till 2015, and am unable to downgrade, so this will have to do for the moment. 

Message 12 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Spoke to advisor and manager, and they both says it isn't a change of T&Cs.

Unfortunatly, I'm locked in my contract till 2015, and am unable to downgrade, so this will have to do for the moment. 

There is a chance the ombudsman may not agree!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would make a formal complaint it does appear that mobiles are excluded in the terms but I can't see anything relating to landlines which are normal 01 numbers
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will give it a try after work tonight. I have nothing in writing, just a lengthy phone call. My brother is writing an email to complaints at o2, so I'll see what response he gets, as he is also in the same boat. 

Message 15 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
How can it NOT be a change to the T&C's.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 21

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well the T&C did not explictly mention landlines but did say uk landlines 01 02 03 but the 3 islands that are explictly now being excluded do not form part of the uk.

definition of why they are not part of the uk in law here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_dependencies and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_of_the_United_Kingdom

Lets se how any complaint goes

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone finds out another network that includes Isle of Man in its minutes, please let this thread know!! 

...very upset with O2.

Message 18 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Apparently from what I've read O2 were the only network that allowed inclusive calls to the Isle of Man, so you'll have to be unhappy with them all.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone finds out another network that includes Isle of Man in its minutes, please let this thread know!! 

...very upset with O2.

Curently there aren't any......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21