cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls still%20barred%20after%20reporting%20phone%20missing%20then%20found%20phone

Garrychristmas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I need some help, I went my Xmas do last night and my phone was taken it missing.
I called o2 to report it to bar the phone.
I didn't speak with an advisor, it was an automated service.
My phone was returned to me this morning.
I have phoned o2 from my wife's phone and they are trying to unbarr it.
They are saying that they have no record on my account reporting it as lost or stolen or being barred.
The woman told me to switch off my phone for 15 minutes, and she promised to call me back on my wife's phone.
Lol that's a laugh waiting now over an hour for a call back, meanwhile my phone is still barred.
Any help please as o2 still saying there isn't any barring on my phone but, there still is.
I have checked my phone settings for call barring and all are disable.
Still waiting for that phone call, come on o2
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Garrychristmas
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It's all sorted now, called customer services again, and still not showing a bar on my account.
They put me through to the technical guru's and because I reported my phone lost or stolen out if hours in an automated system, it out the bar on another system so they had no record of Me calling.
What the had to do was add a bar on the other system for my calls and one for GPS for my data, he said the two systems would sync together. Then he removed the bar off his system which removes the bar off both systems. So all up and running now.
Thanks for your input

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Garrychristmas

Most likely your sim that is barred if they have unbarred the phone, so call them back to check the sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93179 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 6

Garrychristmas
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It's all sorted now, called customer services again, and still not showing a bar on my account.
They put me through to the technical guru's and because I reported my phone lost or stolen out if hours in an automated system, it out the bar on another system so they had no record of Me calling.
What the had to do was add a bar on the other system for my calls and one for GPS for my data, he said the two systems would sync together. Then he removed the bar off his system which removes the bar off both systems. So all up and running now.
Thanks for your input
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93179 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6