cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls n texts both fail - can't send or receive

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried 3 iphone 4s, one blackberry on 02 and vodafone sims - in buckinghamshire AND manchester - ended up having to use a hotel fixed line! WTF?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solved! (Sort of..,) - bitt the bullet, paid the 25ppm call to be told that both handsets had been blocked - at MY request!! (Really NOT) - apparently pure coincidence rhat BOTH handsets got blocked immediately after BOTH hansets were upgraded to ios6.0.1 tho' - will take up to 72 hours to unblock them apparently !!!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I can only presume that they share a cell tower in the area and its blown up or something.

Have you tried using the status checker?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you got credit on your SIM cards?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solved! (Sort of..,) - bitt the bullet, paid the 25ppm call to be told that both handsets had been blocked - at MY request!! (Really NOT) - apparently pure coincidence rhat BOTH handsets got blocked immediately after BOTH hansets were upgraded to ios6.0.1 tho' - will take up to 72 hours to unblock them apparently !!!
Message 4 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that's a new one:/ sucks to hear that:( I presume they are reimbursing your for the 72 hours? Unless they can prove "you" requested a block. (Which you haven't)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What a crazy situation. Seems a strange coincidence that 2 phones were blocked after upgrading.

Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Solved! (Sort of..,) - bitt the bullet, paid the 25ppm call

It's not 25ppm:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7