cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from the UAE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to the community and have recently moved to the UAE.  I have ordered a local contract phone which will give me an internationall calls bundle but in the interim my O2 international call charges are painful to see.  I have checked whether there is a bolt on for international calls for the UAE with O2 but for some inexplicable reason this country is not listed in either of the bundle packages.  Is there a solution, or is it grin and bear it time until the new phone contract comes through? Another problem I've encountered is that I cannot see a breakdown if the international call charges on 'My O2' just the total cost - which is about as much use as a chocolate rocking horse!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 do not offer any reduction of roaming call charges in that zone only discounts on calling from uk to abroad.

All call charges can be found here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad and select the country you are in and where you are calling

(asked mods to move to correct section)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 do not offer any reduction of roaming call charges in that zone only discounts on calling from uk to abroad.

All call charges can be found here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad and select the country you are in and where you are calling

(asked mods to move to correct section)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunately if O2 don't have a contract with whomever the provider is out there then they won't be able to distinguish how your calls are broken up.

Would also explain why there's no bolt on to cover the area.

Grin and bear it sorry. Any reason why your continuing your O2 contract?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Another problem I've encountered is that I cannot see a breakdown if the international call charges on 'My O2' just the total cost - which is about as much use as a chocolate rocking horse!

You can get a complete breakdown of international and other charges by downloading your bill as a pdf. There is a link on the bill page.

Message 4 of 4