Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from O2

Vickyh01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I keep getting calls from O2, telling me I'm a loyal customer and offering me deals, however, I  am a little worried they might be fake calls, the number is 0330 3035308, from Ireland I think? Has anyone else had these calls and is it a genuine O2 team?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Vickyh01

Just block the number. It may be a so called 'trusted' partner but we advise NEVER  to accept a contract from a cold caller

Another thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/0330-303-5308/td-p/1137726

A guide here as well on scam calls https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-these-st...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Vickyh01
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am still bothered though, if it was a trusted partner, how come they knew so much about my account, like bank details, address, DOB and so on, I called O2 and they told me that no one from O2 has gone into my account today... should I be worried?

Message 3 of 9

Vickyh01
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Frankly, I don't feel safe with O2 anymore, I have had people drop calling me from abroad, when I've called them back, as you do, I was told by O2 that they can impose a £5 charge as it is a scam call, and they have had quite a few of them....they didn't charge me, however the point is I do not feel safe using my currant number with O2..maybe it's time for a change!

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Go into your MyO2 and change your contact preferences which will stop anyone contacting you legitimately.
Anything after that is definitely spam.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Vickyh01

Because O2 allow 'trusted partners' access to your details.

To stop this now (though it may already be too late) go into My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

and check your contact preferences. Make sure they are turned off.

You will find them here under MORE, its a drop down box. They will send a code to your phone and you can check chem out. If they are ticked, untick the ones you want.

Contact preferences.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Vickyh01 Do not agree to anything offered from a cold call. Just hang up and block the number. If your number is out in the wild to these 'trusted partners' already, that's probably all you can do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately your details are out there. Not only do O2 share your ifo and details with all their trusted partners (and there are a great many) it is more than probable that one of these trusted partners have shared your details with many comanies. I'm not talking about bank details but certainly name, age and address and possibly phone number and email contact.

Don't put all the blame at O2's door, every company you deal with may share these details. These lists are another source of income and you can imagine how valuable these contact lists are. They can give a cross section of your district in order to target certain areas with marketing  material or you may have noticed you have certain periods where the amount of spam emails have increased.

....and not to mention we are all on camera somewhere due to CCTV being everywhere now.

Message 8 of 9

Matt19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is Virgin Media, I’m pretty sure anyway

MOdriscoll
Message 9 of 9