cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping consistantly with full signal!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 100% 2G signal (3G switched off on iphone5 as there is none here). Why are voice calls so bad that nobody can here me, calls keep dropping and it sounds to the person on the other end of the line like I'm under water. Not just an issue with the iphone 5, same thing with previous iphone 4. This happens inside or out, no trees or other possible interference and O2 map is 100% 2G blue. O2 Claim there is nothing wrong with the network, though trying to get the attention of one of their chat gurus is impossible, they just end the chat when they aren't able to answer a simple question.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Best advice is to book an apple genius appointment they can hook up the iphone and see if it is hardware related and as the 5 is in warranty will swap on the spot.

If apple say it is not a hardware issue keep reporting the issue to o2 as a network fault.

Do you have home wifi? if so look at the tu go app. if on pay monthly

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this only in your post code? If it isn't then the issue is likely with the phone - despite you having 2.

Try taking it into an O2 store for them to look at and check another sim card in?
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this. It is mainly in my post code, both work and home, and I've tried new sims + meeting the Guru at the O2 store. Just seems odd that with full signal the quality is so poor.

Are there any solutions to boost signal?

Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Best advice is to book an apple genius appointment they can hook up the iphone and see if it is hardware related and as the 5 is in warranty will swap on the spot.

If apple say it is not a hardware issue keep reporting the issue to o2 as a network fault.

Do you have home wifi? if so look at the tu go app. if on pay monthly

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great, thank you.

I'll try both apple and o2. I've tried TU today and it's not the best as I have to use satellite broadband being a massive five miles from Oxford City Centre. This gives a bit of a delay whilst it pings to and from space. It might work soon when we get fibre optic broadband to the door from Gigaclear, not BT's so called fibre broadband which still uses copper from cabinet to property thereby rendering it completely useless if you're over a mile from the cab.
Message 5 of 5