Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and text on new sim

Sarah-bowler20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I’ve just been sent a new sim today for my phone and my mum has one too it’s a monthly contact in my name. I want to know why we can’t call or text or have people call us as it’s not working how can we resolve this issue please. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Sarah-bowler20 

The new sim cards are likely blank.

If you are swapping to make use of 5g you need to sim swap starting from your old sim card Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Sarah-bowler20
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No this is a new sim because my dad was the one who was in charge of this contract but he sadly past 4 weeks ago and I’m now taking a new contract out in my name for me and my mum and Stopping the contact on my dads phone. They have sent out two new sims in the contact in my name and I’ve done all what it has said but it won’t let me call out or text or even let people call me? 

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Sarah-bowler20 You can't have two sims with the same phone number. You need to speak to customer service. How to use Skype to call for free and the numbers available are in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Sarah-bowler20
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I have one for me and one for my mum 

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Sarah-bowler20 Okay, then you still need to call customer service to have them activate your sim cards.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Sarah-bowler20 

Sorry to hear of your loss, but I don't understand why they needed to send new sims out.

Contracts can be updated on the sims you already have and as I said previously, the new sims will be blank to allow you to do a sim swap from your old sims or you can simply just continue to use your old sims.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7