cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling from my O2 sim in UK to Bahamas, to an international Lebara sim bought in UK

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in UK. My friend has an international Lebara sim bough in UK. If he is in the Bahamas, and I reach him on that sim, will the charges be as for an international call or a voice call/domestic UK call? (because it is a UK number) According to him, his Lebara sim is a UK number so therefore I am charged as for a internal UK call...

In my bill when I call that sim, either UK to UK, or UK to Bahamas, it shows up in domestic/voice calls in both cases... Is that correct, or this means he is actually in UK when he says he is in Bahamas?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It is the receivers account that incurs roaming charges, not the senders, so he may be in UK, Bahamas or Outer Mongolia, it will be the same for you. You hear a different type of dialling tone (usually) when you call a phone in a foreign country...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It is the receivers account that incurs roaming charges, not the senders, so he may be in UK, Bahamas or Outer Mongolia, it will be the same for you. You hear a different type of dialling tone (usually) when you call a phone in a foreign country...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, MI5

And if he called me in UK from that sim , from Bahamas, he would still pay the roamng charges? Or I would as the receiver?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
He would as you are not roaming....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last question,

Do I need to dial the country code to reach him on that phone abroad? Because I was able to reach him just dialing like a standard uk domestic call... That I found confusing.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No, if it's a UK number you just dial as if you were in the UK.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6