Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling abroad - disappointed customer

Soku
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anybody know when O2 will finally add international bolt ons? We have been promised that it will be at the beggining of the year and still no signs of it.

I am really disappointed that we have to pay so much to call abroad. I start thinking that O2 is delaying adding any cheaper options on purpose to make more money on us. I signed new contract in September. Then every single bolt on for international calling has been cancelled. I really regret signing 24 months contract.

Other networks offer so much more. O2's approach to the customer is shocking. It seems like they don't care at all.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 are running a trial at the moment.
You could call customer services to see if you can be added to the trial
https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Soku Whatever bolt-on O2 offers will never be inexpensive. You should consider using Skype or another VOIP, or even better, Whatsapp which would cost you nothing if you were calling over WiFi.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 are running a trial at the moment.
You could call customer services to see if you can be added to the trial
https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Soku
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The problem is that I have to make calls traditional way. This trial is taking some many months I don't believe they will actually start offering international calls in bundles.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 have upset thousands and thousands of customers over the past three months, taking away many services that made it beneficial for us to be with O2. Now there is nothing. They are trying to get a bit of goodwill back with the release of another app but nothing that helps with international calls as yet. Maybe in the future. I have my own workaround for international calls but obviously whether that is cheaper than the beta trial would depend what country you are calling. The country I call regular works out much cheaper than o2 but only another network would give a decent calling plan that you are looking for.

Message 5 of 5