Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Dubai

Dido53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. My daughter lives in Dubai and I call her often. What is the cheapest way of doing this please?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@Dido53 

Using a VOIP service is the cheapest way.

Somewhat limited in Dubai but I found these services available https://www.goodfirms.co/it-services/voip/dubai

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23981 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3772 Solutions

@Dido53 Although you can't use WhatsApp to make video or voice calls in Dubai, you can still send messages which you can do over a WiFi connection for free.

Take a look at this link for workarounds: WhatsApp Ban in Dubai [What You Need to Know in 2024 ] (cloudwards.net)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12619 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Facebook messenger calling?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

Not sure if that's "approved" either @gmarkj 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 214 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Does your daughter have a UK number and is roaming? Or does she have a local number in Dubai?

Message 6 of 6