cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting and Voice Mail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can somebody, preferably O2 staff, confirm something for me.

I have an issue with Call Waiting not working and in my discussions with an O2 guru they informed me that you cannot have voice mail enabled at the same time as call waiting. I am sure that in the past I had call waiting and that if I rejected the waiting call that it sent the call to voice mail. I definately have messages on iPhone visual voice mail and I definately have had call waiting notifications in the past so this would seem to confirm that you can have both together. Am I missing anything? 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I've just been on the phone to Apple and there were more than helpful. They talked me through the process of resetting the carrier settings and all works as it should - Including reject call waiting to voice mail.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'm not staff, but then again, apart from some shop staff, there aren't any O2 staff on here as it's a customer forum.
Shop staff can only post in a personal capacity too. That said, yes, you can have both enabled at the same time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

It's possible the "Guru" was getting confused with voicemail and "call alert" rather than "call waiting" as you can't have call alert and voicemail together.

Have you tried to enable both again?
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/setting-up-voicemail-901

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - Thats exactly what I thought. 

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is that call waiting doesn't work at all. I've been through 3 online chats with the gurus and tried all the basic stuff. Nothing has worked so far. Then they told me that you cant have them both enabled. So I have disabled voice mail and call waiting still doesn't work. They now tell me that the problem is with my phone and not the service. But to be honest I have little confidence in any information they have given me.
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Are you contract or PAYG?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on air time only contract. I purchased the phone outright
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Did you notice this failure at the same time that you changed or upgraded your account?
Did you port in your number from another network?
Have you tried enabling CW with 4G switched off?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I've been with O2 for a while now. Call waiting was working a few weeks ago. I'll give it a go with 4g turned off
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried on 2g . Same issue.
Message 10 of 18