cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting and Voice Mail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can somebody, preferably O2 staff, confirm something for me.

I have an issue with Call Waiting not working and in my discussions with an O2 guru they informed me that you cannot have voice mail enabled at the same time as call waiting. I am sure that in the past I had call waiting and that if I rejected the waiting call that it sent the call to voice mail. I definately have messages on iPhone visual voice mail and I definately have had call waiting notifications in the past so this would seem to confirm that you can have both together. Am I missing anything? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Is there still an option in the settings on an iPhone rather than using the dial codes?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes there is. I've tried setting it though both. It says it is enabled on both the code and the menu
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds like it has to be an account based issue then.
I suspect only CS can resolve it and although you've tried already, you're gonna have to keep trying until you get someone who can fix it for you.
I wouldn't mention VM to them though as it sounds like that is confusing them, just concentrate on getting CW working.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I've just been on the phone to Apple and there were more than helpful. They talked me through the process of resetting the carrier settings and all works as it should - Including reject call waiting to voice mail.
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always rely on Apples superior customer service 

Message 16 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

A reset network settings is the normal cure for voicemail and issues like that on an iPhone .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 18

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I know late to the party, but I had a similar issue after i got a new sim. Glad your all sorted though.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 18 of 18