Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call goes to voicemail

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Someone at work tried to ring me today and it went to voicemail, and i got the missed call text. I had signal so not sure why it never rang. Anyway when i got home i thought i would test it using the landline. Most times it rings, but occasinally it goes straight through to voicemail without my phone ringing.

Could this just be network congestion? I had 2/3 bars of signal when it happens and i get the missed call text straight away so know its not a lack of signal issue. I dont get a network busy message on the phone im ringing from however

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Network congestion, local fault http://status.o2.co.uk/ failing sim card or faulty phone.
You can also dial *#002# to cancel all diverts then dial 1750 to turn voicemail back on again as that will cancel it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Network congestion, local fault http://status.o2.co.uk/ failing sim card or faulty phone.
You can also dial *#002# to cancel all diverts then dial 1750 to turn voicemail back on again as that will cancel it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmm, it says in my area that 4g calling is patchy. Wonder if this is the reason. Just turned it off to test

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can turn it off in settings, either main phone network settings or in the phone app, depending on type of phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, just edited my post as i turned it off, will give it a test
Message 5 of 7

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seems turning 4g calling off has fixed it, and now all calls from my landline are connecting. Thanks slight_smile
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good news for sure slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7