cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding to UK number on different network, whilst I'm overseas?

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently on an "O2 Sim Only 1000 12M 1GB tariff" and planning to go to the US for a holiday later this year and was going to pick up a Three SIM card for it's Feel at Home package which works out as £10 for 1GB data which will more than cover the time I'm out there for, as there's no way I'm paying £4.99/day for O2's offering!

I wanted to forward my voice calls from my O2 number to the Three number, how will this be charged to my O2 tariff when the device is out of the country?

I assume it will still consider it as a UK to UK forward, so shouldn't cost me anything, yes?

Also, how exactly would I go about setting the forward on the number and how would I cancel it when I'm back in the UK?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
How to set up here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... and yes it's treated as a UK to UK number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So essentially, with my O2 sim in my iPhone, I do:

** 21 * <my Three number> # <dial>

..then I can swap my Three sim in and that's it?
Message 4 of 6

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'd forgotten about TuGo, it's a little ropey for me but it's a good option actually! Thanks.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yup
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6