Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding not working on pay monthly

ste064
Level 3: Thinker
  • 85 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all am having issues with call forwarding on my pay monthly contract,I have been intouch with customer services on 202 they didn't say anything about it not working but gave me short codes to try and they still don't work even tried call settings in my phone to no avail anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This is usually a problem if you have WiFi calling enabled on your account but don’t have a compatible phone for WiFi calling.
Go to the device settings in your MyO2 and if WiFi calling is enabled, turn it off. You can always enable it again after you have set your diverts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean call forwarding when your handset is busy or you are unavailable and it goes to voicemail or are you trying to forward all your calls to another number?

Message 3 of 25

ste064
  • 85 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I don't have WiFi calling setup as my phone doesn't have O2 firmware it's not an iPhone or Samsung.
Yes I am trying to divert to another number I don't use voicemail.
Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you checked it's not turned on though in your MyO2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

ste064
  • 85 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes i have checked myo2 and it says add WiFi calling so it's not added to m account plus WiFi calling is not available in my area yet.
Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Wifi calling is available everywhere, it's 4g calling that is area specific, anyway, when you spoke to customer services, did they confirm you had the correct data bolt on on your account?
It's not unheard of for people to be put onto a Blackberry bolt on instead of standard data.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 25

ste064
  • 85 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yeah everything is how it should be but I did add the O2 Ask app have contacted customer services to deactivate it
Message 8 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As that incorporates wifi calling, it would explain it then.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 25

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What message do you get using the short code ##002# followed by etting up forarding using ** 21 * phone number # SEND ?

Also try turning off 4G to see if you can set it up over 3G.

Message 10 of 25