cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call divert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible to set up my phone (phone 1) to divert to another number (phone 2) if I don't answer it within 10 seconds BUT also have the call revert back to my voicemail on phone 1 in the event phone 2 is switched off or out of service area?

Thanks very much

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144557 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
It's good to get a challenge now and again slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I like sip/voip so much, you can do these things quite easily...  but that doesn't help here.

Isn't there an alternative number he can set the divert to, to go straight to voicemail?  Could he request a number for this purpose from o2?

Message 22 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's good to get a challenge now and again slight_smile

Agreed slight_smile

I got the loop thing working a few years ago between two t-mobile numbers.  The call would ring each one in turn seemingly endlessly.Evil

Message 23 of 55

MI5
  • 144557 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't there an alternative number he can set the divert to, to go straight to voicemail?  Could he request a number for this purpose from o2?

I'm reading it that they want the call to go to car phone so it can be answered if that phone has a signal but if not for it not to go to answer phone on the car phone ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there still dial-in numbers for voicemail, which are intended for accessing your own voicemail from abroad?

Message 25 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm reading it that they want the call to go to car phone so it can be answered if that phone has a signal but if not for it not to go to answer phone on the car phone ?

Maybe I misunderstood...

I thought that the OP wanted people to just call his normal mobile number.  If it was not answered, either out of service, or just left to ring, (we'll assume he is driving), then the call is passed to the car phone.

If the car phone is not answered, after some time, he wants the call forwarded to voicemail on his normal, main contract mobile.

This would make sense, because he does not want voicemail left on the secondary car phone, just his main one.

Message 26 of 55

MI5
  • 144557 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I think we're saying the same thing but differently.....

Currently using:
Message 27 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have the answer....

If he changes the caller ID presentation on the car phone to match his main mobile number, he can set the divert if not answered on the carphone to the o2 voicemail number.

Assuming that the voicemail system works with CLI, (as opposed to ANI, (does ANI even exist for celular networks?)), it will all work as he desires...

But will O2 change the CLI presentation for him????

Message 28 of 55

MI5
  • 144557 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
That may work if the CLI could be changed and also if the PAYG phone was an O2 one?

Currently using:
Message 29 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 and Tel User - you have both understood what I am trying to achieve.

I am happy to get an O2 PAYG sim.

Please can explain what CLI and ANI are and what I need to ask O2 to do when I buy the PAYG sim
Message 30 of 55