cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call divert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible to set up my phone (phone 1) to divert to another number (phone 2) if I don't answer it within 10 seconds BUT also have the call revert back to my voicemail on phone 1 in the event phone 2 is switched off or out of service area?

Thanks very much

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've just re-read the replies but not sure whether I have understood correctly - call comes in to phone 1 but I don't answer and so the call is diverted to phone 2, which is switched off and therefore the call will divert to the voicemail on phone 1 instead?

Yes, that is what I was suggesting but I'm not sure that you'll be able to set that divert back from your PAYG car phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can forward unanswered calls from phone 1 to phone 2.

If phone 2 is not answered, the forwarding settings for phone 2 should send that call onwards to the number you have setup for phone 2's unanswered calls, (phone 3).

Problem is, I don't know how to make phone 3 be the voicemail of phone 1.  Presumably if you try it, it will ring phone 1 again.

I am worried that it will create a loop, (which might be useful in some cirumstances), but presumably O2 have something in place to stop this?

Message 12 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Arrrr, I hadn't thought of the loop issue. I think I'm going to have to give it a try and do some experimenting. It would be so much simpler if O2 would let me have a second sim card. I have been with O2 for 20 years but I might consider changing my contract to another supplier who offers the option of having a dual sim card.
Message 13 of 55

MI5
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
The more I think about it the more I think it won't work....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 55

MI5
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I might consider changing my contract to another supplier who offers the option of having a dual sim card.

Let us know if you find one that does that - Orange used to do it years ago but I don't think they do anymore, do they....?

Currently using:
Message 15 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Not like you to give up so easily...

Message 16 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I might consider changing my contract to another supplier who offers the option of having a dual sim card.

Let us know if you find one that does that - Orange used to do it years ago but I don't think they do anymore, do they....?

They don't.  I requested it two years ago and was told it had been withdrawn.  It was still available on business tariffs at least two years ago though.  But I would NOT recommend orange or ee for new connections.

Message 17 of 55

MI5
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I didn't say I'd given up - Still thinking about it wink

Currently using:
Message 18 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you really need is a personal numbering service with call hunting or ringdown.

But that'll be expensive for you and your callers.

Why not set phone 2 to divert to a landline?

Message 19 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I didn't say I'd given up - Still thinking about it wink

I'm used to the express service where you solve the problem within two posts Bouncy.

Message 20 of 55