cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call divert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible to set up my phone (phone 1) to divert to another number (phone 2) if I don't answer it within 10 seconds BUT also have the call revert back to my voicemail on phone 1 in the event phone 2 is switched off or out of service area?

Thanks very much

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can only have one sim card for any particular number so if you are trying to have two sims with the same number it can't be done in afraid

True, but it is just about possible that they may be able to arrange for the display of the outgoing number to be customised.

Message 51 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm assuming the cost of the divert will come out of the Line 1's tariff?
Wouldn't it be far more easier to either remove Sim from Handset to Car or just simply buy a Bluetooth Kit or Handset?
Is any call really that important? And you may still be prosecuted?
Message 52 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it does.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it does.

Just to remind anyone who plays around with this that if you divert from a second line to a third, you'll obviously be paying/using your allowance on two diverts at the same time.

Message 54 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wouldn't it be far more easier to either remove Sim from Handset to Car or just simply buy a Bluetooth Kit or Handset?
Is any call really that important? And you may still be prosecuted?

Once it's set up, it'll be worthwhile I'm sure.

I don't know the application or need the OP has, so it's hard to say if the effort is justified or not.

But I can assure you that once you've got used to a voip PBX that you can configure to do all sorts of funky call hunting and ringdown stuff, you tend to see uses for it everywhere, and miss it when it's not available

Message 55 of 55