Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges when outside the EU.

Marathonman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently in Costa Rica & somewhat confused by the message from O2 (see below). My query is whether I can use my phone outside free WiFi locations without incurring any extra charges to my pay monthly contract?

“Welcome to COSTA RICA. Your tariff includes roaming here. You get 120 minutes, 120 texts and all the data you need each day at no extra cost, subject to our fair usage policy. Your daily allowance applies from midnight to midnight based on the local time of the capital city of this country. If you go over your 120 minutes or texts you will be charged International roaming rates. For more information on International roaming rates visit www.o2.co.uk/inclusive-zone. Call 112 for emergency services.”

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marathonman 

That message means you have O2 Travel Inclusive so you wont be charged as long as you stay within the limits shown. Data is limited to 25GB.

If your accommodation has free Wifi you can always make use of that as well (just to make sure you don't exceed your limits) but free wifi isn't needed.

Just check My O2 to make sure you have the O2 Travel INCLUSIVE Bolt on.

Enjoy your holiday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marathonman 

That message means you have O2 Travel Inclusive so you wont be charged as long as you stay within the limits shown. Data is limited to 25GB.

If your accommodation has free Wifi you can always make use of that as well (just to make sure you don't exceed your limits) but free wifi isn't needed.

Just check My O2 to make sure you have the O2 Travel INCLUSIVE Bolt on.

Enjoy your holiday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Marathonman 

You get unlimited data and are not restricted to 25gb.

However, the data speeds are throttled to around 0.5mbps so are not suitable for streaming.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marathonman 

Apologies, it's unlimited data, but it's pretty poor.

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4