Did you mean: 

Call Divert - Connection problem or invalid MMI code

YesMrWilliams
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I need to set up call divert (**21*phone number#SEND) and I'm having the dreaded "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" issue that I've seen discussed in a couple of threads on here (the consensus from other threads appears to be that the problem is resolved when WiFi/4G calling is disabled on the account).

The problem I'm having is that no one from O2 seems to be able to actually switch this off any more! (and I can't do it from my phone - I don't the option in the settings). I've spoken to both customer services and technical support, a 'form' has been sent through to the 'Guru' (network services) team, I've waited the 48 hours required, and nothing. Customer services has advised me there's nothing they can do apart from raise another 'form' (it sounds like a form = a service ticket), and cross fingers as apparently there's no way for anyone in the call centre to get through to anyone in that team any more.

I'm very frustrated at the moment - call divert is a very basic feature that I didn't build in extra time in my plans to get fixed this slowly. Has anyone successfully found a way through this process/problem, or knows a good way of spurring the 'Guru' team into action?

To rub in the wound, with Vodafone (the mobile provider I did expect problems with), it worked first time!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@YesMrWilliams 

You actually need wifi calling OFF to send MMI codes across the network.

It's another of those "things" with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

YesMrWilliams
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, that's what I meant - sorry if I wasn't clear.

The problem I'm having is that O2 seems to be unable to switch this off as the relevant team isn't responding to their tickets (and I can't either as I've got an Honor Play phone).
Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@YesMrWilliams

This is a standard GSM Code:

#21# will deactivate call divert
##21# will erase the call divert

Did you try either of these
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

YesMrWilliams
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I just tried them now. Same error message. I then tried the call divert again and its still giving the same error 😞
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Waqas 

Any ideas?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @MI5, sometimes the codes dont work with wifi calling on the account

@YesMrWilliams i will send you a private message to get this sorted

Thanks 

Waqas

signature
Message 7 of 10

Vitor
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could you let us know how to get this sorted, please? Also, it always works reliably with iPhones with Wi-Fi calling and on Android phones it seems to be hit or miss.

Message 8 of 10

AnonymousS10
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same issue so would like to know too as I've got nowhere with O2 support in 4 months 😕

Message 9 of 10

Bill4321
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @madasaf1sh 

I know that this is an old thread but I thought that I would resurrect it just to say thank you!

My phone has been stuck on call divert for just about a week now. I tried the usual stuff (dial 1760, dial ##002#, soft reset, switch off WIFI calling, a prayer to God etc) but nothing worked. I called customer services to help and they filled out a security form to cancel voicemail and told me to wait 24 hours for some sort of magic to occur. None did, it didn't work.

Then I stumbled across this thread and ##21# finally, finally worked! So once again thank you. You're a star!

Message 10 of 10