Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Charges to Northern Ireland

Bootsie127
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been reading on this board that call charges to Northern Ireland are included in your allowance. However when I asked customer services last week, before I made a call to N. Ireland, that the call will be charged as an International call. I queried this by replying that I was not calling the Republic of Ireland and once again the man from customer services was adamant that it would still be charged as an International call even though I pointed out that N.Ireland was part of the UK.  

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Complete buffoons but not surprised these days unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 23

Bootsie127
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I’m aware of that, I’m pointing out the fact that the O2 customer service give the wrong answer to the question. 

Message 12 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37223 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

All Northern Ireland land line numbers begin 028 and are part of the UK dialling plan, ergo included in your minutes allowance.

@Bootsie127 

Message 13 of 23

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Pretty sure that's understood already.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 23

pgn
  • 37223 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

It clearly needs to be stated more often than necessary as VMO2 CS patently have no clue.

What a shower of shysters 🙄

Message 15 of 23

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

It clearly needs to be stated more often than necessary as VMO2 CS patently have no clue.

What a shower of shysters 🙄

Do we have any perception @pgn if Archana is a person or a AI chatbot ? 

Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Whatever it is, clearly needs retraining.

Message 17 of 23

pgn
  • 37223 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions
Message 18 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

I think it is more a geography lesson that is needed...  and is same as when they say Gibraltar is part of Spain... 

May be they need this in Cape Town or Manila 

madasaf1sh_0-1711914003657.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

I think it is more a geography lesson that is needed...  and is same as when they say Gibraltar is part of Spain... 

Don't tell the Spanish it isn't !

Message 20 of 23