Did you mean: 

COVID-19

Mahaaam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I had agreed with o2 to differ my monthly phone bill payment for April 2020 due my current financial situation due to COVID-19. They agreed and my payment was deferred to May. I paid the payment for both months already but recieved a default notice and a notice of termination from o2 due to unpaid phone bill plus additional late fee charges. I am absolutely appalled. This is clear misrepresentation as I entered into that agreement based on the terms I was advised by o2. Anyone else have this issue!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Mahaaam
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I had agreed with o2 to differ my monthly phone bill payment for April 2020 due my current financial situation due to COVID-19. They agreed and my payment was deferred to May. I paid the payment for both months already but recieved a default notice and a notice of termination from o2 due to unpaid phone bill plus additional late fee charges. I am absolutely appalled. This is clear misrepresentation as I entered into that agreement based on the terms I was advised by o2. Anyone else have this issue!
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Mahaaam 

This has happened to quite a few people. You need to contact O2 and speak to them.

Numerous numbers for O2 are in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

This could have an impact on your credit rating and if you agreed a deferment of payment then O2 need to sort it out

I will mention our managers here in the hope they can help.

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @LukasB This has happened to more than one person. What exactly is the point of people agreeing a payment plan with O2 if the system then overrides what has been agreed?

All seems rather pointless!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Mahaaam
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My point exactly, absolutely livid. I will contact them first thing on Monday but just find it absurd why they would even offer deferments if this is the end result. If this goes ahead I will press with a counterclaim for misrepresentation. I am also launching a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. Absolutely ridiculous. I have never ever missed a payment in my life so this is extremely distressing.
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for flagging this thread @Cleoriff.

@Mahaaam I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I'm sure we can get this sorted out for you. I'll send you a private message so I can get some details and we can proceed from there. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5