cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CON ARTIST AGENT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried to upgrade with the help of an agent (STELLA) through live chat so the conversation that followed was as such, i was offered a £31 tariff with 300 minutes + unlimited texts+ 1GB of data usage per month with a free samsung galaxy s3 mini,,,,, i had a quick check on the manual upgrade page because it did not seem correct, AND IT WAS NOT ,,,  i then informed the agent that i could get a £26 tariff with unlimited texts and minutes + 1GB of data usage + a free galaxy s3 mini,,,  i find this scandelous that this is going on, strange because ive always found o2 very good to deal with,,  if i hadnt been on the ball and didnt notice i was nearly being conned i would have paid an  extra £120 over the 24 month contract for a worse tariff, Now tell me if im wrong but are these people not supposed to be trained to do their job and get you the best deal possible, especially valued customers,  i have kept a transcript of the conversation but im not sure how the complaints procedure goes, i have since managed to upgrade succesfully without the help of an agent!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok il bite the bullet here and apologise to anyone who i offended with that waste of time comment, i know its not any of your faults, was really annoyed with what happened but its sorted now and my new phone arrives in the morning, i do enjoy forums and im sure the forum will help me in the future with something else so again sorry for any offence guys!!!
Message 21 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You didn't offend me dw:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

Welcome to the forum too.
Message 24 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just nosed around O2's site and there are two offers for SIII mini's that really do cost £31 a month - one has a 2GB of data rather than 1GB - the other matches the £26 offer the OP listed BUT it also has 500 "O2 to O2 minutes".

I suspect that either the OP misheard the full details of what was offered or - perhaps more likely - the O2 rep simply picked-out the deal that had all of what the OP wanted without spotting that it had something else that he didn't ask for.    It's worth noting that the £26 price is the basic "on and on" tariff and "extras" such as 2GB or the "o2 to o2 minutes" are all £5 - so that "£31" charge would be something the rep would see over and over again - they wouldn't pick-up on it being "odd" in the way that, say, a barmaid would if she rung up a pint of mild and it came up at £12.65

Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
mate i was really wanting to put this thread to bed as im over my **bleep** fit lol, the agent had said this was the best deal for my average usage of minutes and data, thats why she offered the 31 quid tariff with 300 minutes and unlimited txts and 1 gb of data, i have the transcript in email but i dont see any point in posting it here, enough has been said on the matter, my phones coming and im happy
Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wimbledrum you many want to update the thread to show as "resolved"

This should stop further replies.

Take care.
Message 27 of 27