Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

CHARGES

[ Edited ]
I was rang and told I could change to pay monthly for only 50p extra per month and I would get free calls and so many texts. The bill I should pay should be £10.50 but it is always more simply because the person who rang me didn't tell me that there were extra charges. I have complained to O2 but to no avail, they say my contract runs out in Jan 2013 so I would have to pay £52 to cancel. I am not happy, I did not sign a contract so how can I be under contract. At no time was I informed that my bill would be over £10.50 OTHERWISE i WOULD HAVE STAYED WITH PAY AND GO.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: CHARGES

OK, what plan are you on? Sounds like one of the Simplicity Tariffs, and by the sound of it possibly a 12 month one.

What are the extra charges for?

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

I don't know what plan I am on. I wish someone had explained that there were certain numbers that are not included but the person who I talked to didn't do this. I have now found out that 08/05 numbers which I had dialled are not included. Why did I not get any paperwork or even an e-mail explaining this. I cannot even get into the mobile bill online.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately taking the deal earlier in the year is the same as signing a contract.

You don't actually write on a piece of paper, unless you use a shop.

It's still a legal contract.

You should have an O2 user name and password to get into your online account, failing that you'll need to phone them, but you will have to answer the security questions.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Mae wrote:
I don't know what plan I am on. I wish someone had explained that there were certain numbers that are not included but the person who I talked to didn't do this. I have now found out that 08/05 numbers which I had dialled are not included. Why did I not get any paperwork or even an e-mail explaining this. I cannot even get into the mobile bill online.

As suggested, you need to get into your online account.

Most 08/05 numbers would not have been included in your PAYG tariff either. Are these the charges that are taking you above £10.50 or are there others as well?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Every company that uses a 08 or non geographic number. Always says will be charged at a higher rate on mobile network.

That tends to be a big hint that its not included in your allowance.

As a aside if you send a text to many of the radio stations that use such as 88291 (radio 2) you will be charged extra for the text....

To avoid 08 no's check out "say no to 0870" this has geographic no's for many co's.

Highlighted
Anonymous

you maybe on the simplicity tariff, if you dont want it, i suggest paying the full amount of the contract left. 10.50 x how ever many you have left or email o2 but they will take up to 5 working days to respond. you could always use the live chat function & speak to an online advisor. just go to contact us & wait for live chat to come up then click on that