Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a used phone and taking out a new 36 month contract

LeeB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I wanted to ask for some assistance with a query about buying used phones via O2. I realise that when you upgrade in the standard way, you continue on your existing contract and tariff. When I look at used phones and their new tariffs I am worried that if I were to buy one that I would have two separate accounts; rather than the seamless transition of thebnew phone onto the original account, when upgrading. I am confused as the new tariff that comesbwith a used phone suggests to me that this is a new account and number?
Any information from users regarding this issue, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Lee
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@LeeB 

All upgrades work in the same way. 

It is your account that is upgraded and a phone and tariff is provided for you to use on your account, so your name, address and phone number will always remain the same.

Only the phone and tariff will change.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@LeeB 

All upgrades work in the same way. 

It is your account that is upgraded and a phone and tariff is provided for you to use on your account, so your name, address and phone number will always remain the same.

Only the phone and tariff will change.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @LeeB , good to see you got some helpful information to your query! (Cheers @MI5 )

Don't hesitate to come back to ask if you have any additional questions or comments for the community! slight_smile

Message 3 of 3