cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business mobile doesn't work in office location anymore

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have an O2 service, for many years I had an O2 service. Then Sept/Oct timeframe I noticed lots of calls would drop. It's now reached the point where calls connect but one party (and it varies whether it is me or the other party) can't hear the other. Sometimes we can both hear something but can't make it out. I've moreorless given up using the phone for business now - just use it to text my kids to say where I'm parked when I go to collect them from school.

I've contacted O2 numerous times since Oct to report this but getting no where. 11th Dec I phoned to order a booster. They tried calling me on my mobile and have noted in their customer system with no apparent sign of irony the call dropped. They also noted I wanted to order a nw booster but didn't actually put the order through, I ony discovered this when I rang in to chase the order today. An hour and a half later i'm still waiting for the callback I was promised to escalate. They won't let me place another order for a booster today. Say they aren't allowed to take orders until the 7th January. In the meantime I continue to pay every month for a useless service.

What on earth do I do next to try and get O2 customer service to do something about this rubbish service ? I have ages left on this contract 😞

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't suppose you have a landline available in your office?

I know its not ideal to use call forwarding but its a workaround until O2 send the boost box (wonder why they won't take orders until the 7th)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
(wonder why they won't take orders until the 7th)

TuGo release date?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
We can only hope that is the case:)

About time it came out.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

What phone are we talking about here? What have you done in terms of phone fixes? Have you tried a new sim?

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have added the phone continues to work absolutely fine at other locations. At this location which is home & office data works ok, text moreorless but I'm not a big text user, voice is the biggest problem and only at this location, obviously as it's my moian office location most calls originate and terminate here but I haven't noticed the same problems at my client site or any of the other locations I make and receive calls nd the client office I work in is in the basement, I've even got ok reception on parts on the less deep parts of the London underground. I would accept it's just poor coverage but I've had coverage at this location for 10years prior so they have a base station sited close enough to provide coverage.

Amyway after 2 hours(!) on the phone to O2 on Friday I finally got through to the cellular coverage team and got a ticket raised. 

I also through sheer persistence managed to get through to a complaints person in India on chat and actually get a formal complaint about their customer service lodged. This also took over an hr on chat but at least it was the same time as I was on the phone to them. This was truly farcical, I saved the chat log as I think that needs to go to O2 as well. I had to repeatedly ask what would happen next with my complaint to actually get it logged and a number issued to me. I don't know whether it was a language issue or whether the agents are trained to try and avoid actually logging a complaint Smiley Frustrated Amusingly I was text by O2 afterwards to rate my experience... and my reply text sent from my home location wouldn't transmit.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you are probably aware being next to a mast does not give you automatic signal strength. Being in a basement suggests the building is at least pre 1940s which has its own complictions. 

The thing that does not add up is the fact you have had service for over ten years. Has this only happened with this phone and how long have you had it? 
Not all phones have the same signal reception.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate you are trying to help but my question was how to I get through to customer service to a point where they listen not will someone ask me the same questions they have already asked me on my many calls to customer services over the last few months. 

So no the phone isn't new, my husband also has problems with different phone but he isn't trying to use it for work so gave up when he got nowhere with customer service. I don't want to give out my home number for work but have had to so they can ring me. I don't want to forward my mobile particularly whilst at home as that means I have to remember to take off the forward whenever I leave the house.  I don't understand why you made the comment about the basement, I referred to it simply to make the point my phone really does work everywhere else.

I understand the technology and I know how to diagnose faults. I have given O2 some pointers as to where they should start looking. 

Message 8 of 8