cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business contract to personal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone this is my first post on here and would really like some input from anyone willing to help, I popped in to my local O2 yesterday wanting to take out an O2 sim only deal, I told the rep I have had bad credit but it's recently been getting a lot better (credit cards etc) so he suggested I go on a O2 business tariff. I'm only 22 and don't know a lot about it so just agreed which yes people I know is my fault but from having a business account I can't use my O2 etc which I was told I could and everything would be exactly the same
Just under a business title which it is not... Can I cancel this sim only and switch to a personal one? Can I just transfer to a personal account? Any help would be great, it's a 12 month sim only deal but does that have a cancellation period?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im not sure if this could be conscripted as Mis selling.

It's clearly not the correct service for you no matter how helpful the employee was being.

Speak to O2 on 8002

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im not sure if this could be conscripted as Mis selling.

It's clearly not the correct service for you no matter how helpful the employee was being.

Speak to O2 on 8002
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add cooling off period is typically 7 days.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
So no matter what their is a cooling off period?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As with all contracts on all networks.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spoke to a nice lad from O2 customer service and he advised me to go back to the shop and request they cancel it and get me on a consumer sim only deal, I just hate confrontation etc and I know they will try and make it hard for me haha
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand but being locked into something as long term as this is crucial to be right for your needs.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take id with you in case.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey bandofbrothers just thought I would let you know they eventually cancelled my agreement after trying to persuade me otherwise, unfortunately I got declined on a personal sim.. Oh well life goes on, thanks for your help earlier 🙂
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey bandofbrothers just thought I would let you know they eventually cancelled my agreement after trying to persuade me otherwise, unfortunately I got declined on a personal sim.. Oh well life goes on, thanks for your help earlier 🙂

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for the update.

Positive is your not stuck in a contract that does not suite your wants and needs.

Obvious con is being declined.

However their are some good PAYG tariffs available and their is GiffGaff which is run on the O2 Network.

Message 10 of 10