Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt email account

Enral
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just changed from Huawei P9lite to P20 pro yesterday, but now I am unable to add my BT email account, I would be grateful for any help with this. I never had any problems with this account on the P9 lite

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Enral What exactly happens when you try to set up the account?

I was in a similar situation yesterday when I was setting up my New Note 8. My gmail address transferred across just fine but my BT Internet one wasn't working. I found I had actually input the wrong password Once corrected it all worked fine.

Initially to start the process I had to go into settings and find the section 'Add an account'

I'm not suggesting you have input the wrong details... but worth a check?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Enral
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have put the pop3 and imap settings in as stated, but keep getting the message " couldnt open connection to server", I am going back to the o2 shop at 10.30 this morning to see the local guru. As i said before I had no problems with my Huawei P9 lite, so hopefully the guru can sort this out, thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Ah ok.

I just got the message 'BT Internet is currently unable to download your emails'.

If you are going into the shop anyway, they should be able to sort you out.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum @Enral Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It should not be both imap and pop3 but one or the other https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9962/c/7339

i hope the shop can resolve the issue 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Enral, did the gurus at the O2 Shop give you any more info on how to get this sorted? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6